Acupuncture is one of the most popular complimentary therapies in the UK with approximately four million treatments carried out each year. Acupuncture can be used alongside conventional medicine, or as an alternative.
Some people choose acupuncture as they want to relieve specific pains or symptoms naturally. Others to improve their general sense of well-being, maintain good health or as a preventative measure or when they feel their body is out of balance, but have had no formal medical diagnosis.
There is a growing body of evidence-based clinical research on how the body responds to acupuncture and its benefits for a variety of health conditions. The most common conditions that acupuncture may be beneficial for are:
- Musculoskeletal conditions including lower back, shoulder, neck and knee pain, sciatica & leg nerve pain
- Headache and migraine
- Stress and emotional issues: anxiety, insomnia, depression, palpitations, panic attacks, poor concentration, general fatigue
- Gynaecological conditions: irregular, heavy or painful periods, endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, premenstrual syndrome, menopausal symptoms
- Fertility: natural fertility, unexplained infertility, ART and IVF support, male infertility
- Pregnancy and post-natal support
- Digestive conditions, IBS, stress related digestive issues, eating disorders
- Management of neurological and auto-immune conditions
- Allergic respiratory conditions including hay fever and asthma